Monday, January 17, 2011

Day One Hundred-Twenty Seven

                                                           'Nutcracker 2010'

8 x 10 oil on panel
80.00 + 6.00 s + h

     The 'Nutcracker' was performed by the local dance studio where I tap.  It was at the community theatre, which is closeby in Kirkwood, Mo., and is a great little venue without a bad seat in the house.  There are only 11 rows which go around in a semicircle.   The performance was amazing.  My son, his wife, and Gracie, who is three and a half were in attendance with me.   It was so impressive and professional. I guess I wasn't expecting it to be quite so great....   I just had to try to do some toe (point) shoes, since I used to toe dance many moons ago.  The program was still laying on my dresser, so it got a spot in the painting, too.   I had a good time with the shoes, and the contrast of the printed image on the program.... The ribbon gave me a new found respect for Claudia Hammer's ribbon paintings..(not that I didn't think she was amazing, anyway !)  But boy, were they a challenge.   The light is hard to show on those soft surfaces, like the ribbon and the shoes.  This morning, though, I was pleased, and just added a few finishing touches before I was done !!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Sandy! This is great! Amazing detail work on those ribbons!

    ReplyDelete