Monday, August 29, 2011

Mini Eggplants... who knew?

This composition had some oranges in it, but since the other day I had given it an olive green (drab) ground,and I didn't have any more panels,

I thought better of it, and removed them... You Carol graduates will know what I'm talking about. (couldn't do the saturated color I needed to) Anyway, I took them out, and decided to go ahead with it. I did leave the background yellow-orange (which was fabric) and I didn't care if it was particularly saturated or not. The white of the cup bothers me a bit, but, it was actually really whiter than I have it...

Oh, me, oh my.....

1 comment:

  1. No, it's good! I like these muted greens and oranges together. And the purple really sings against them. The white cup looks fine--good values and highlights. It's not too bright for this painting. Good job!

    ReplyDelete