Thursday, August 25, 2011

Back to Basics...

When in doubt, go back to basics. Ha ! the apples again for me, too. Wanted to get a painting done this morning, and post it before I get started with my activities.
Yesterday I took finished canvases to a gallery in Brentwood on the Boulevard across from the Galleria. They took a total of 65 paintings, on consignment. Great place to catch lunch at P.F. Changs or Magianno's, and stop by the Shron Gallery to shop for a gift for a friend, or yourself !! There is also a cute little bakery and a children's shop, as well as a wonderful hair salon !

4 comments:

  1. this is a delicious painting, it looks old world and classic. i absolutely LOVE it. it's going in my inspiration folder right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful rendering of the apples. I love the soft blue cloth and the plate. I guess that means I like it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, Sandy. Love the hints of red in the apple shadows. Your values in this are great. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks to you 3 !! You are always such a positive force to keep me motivated !!!

    ReplyDelete