Friday, August 19, 2011

Balloon flower survived the HEAT...

I set this up yesterday, before the grandbabies came for a visit. They did their watercolors, while I sketched in my glass,and flower. (Gracie remembered I told her about 5 or 6 months ago it was called a balloon flower)
Anyhoo... I painted my ground purple, and explained to the girls why I was doing it. We all became distracted about then, and we ended up dancing, trying on clothes, eating pizza, etc. While we were all sitting around the table after dinner, Gracie went and did a painting for me. It was completely purple, just like the one I had done earlier. -and we sometimes think they are NOT paying attention to what we are doing- !!!
Well, we had a fun time, so this morning I went into the studio to finish it, and the flower had

completely moved, so I had to try and hold it up into the position it was in yesterday... challenging.. ha ha

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the bottle! I love the bits of purple showing through. You are painting much more loosely since the CM workshop. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete