Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Day Seventy-Three

                                                                'Fall is Here'

                                                                               nfs
   The pod I found after my daughter finished a half marathon a week or so ago.  The entire family was there to cheer her on, and it was such a special, and beautiful, morning.   The pods from the magnolia tree look almost velvet, with their mossy green edges.  I wish I could have had a better composition, but, after cropping this to create a more effective finished painting, I decided that it should be NFS this time...

1 comment:

  1. I like the muted shades of green you used in this painting, and the red leaf adds a bright contrast. Nice play of shadows, too. Really pretty!

    ReplyDelete