Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day Two Hundred Fifteen

'Peony Delight'
8 x 8 oil on panel
95.00 + 6.00 s + h






One reason I think that flowers of this type are so 'appreciated', by me, anyway, is because they only last for such a short time. The bush will bloom, and if they don't get rain damage, they will possible stay for almost a week.... then it's another year before you can enjoy them again....
Yesterday was my son's girlfriend's birthday. She's truly a special young lady !! I bought her her own 'Tree Peony' bush, so she can enjoy them each year the way I do !

4 comments:

  1. Great job with the swirls on the vase. Lovely flowers and beautifully painted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very rich, Sandy. Those are very complicated flowers, and you captured them well. I've never seen a peony. It's too hot and dry for them to grow here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. I love all flowers, but agree with you about the peony. The days it's in bloom are to be anticipated and then treasured! Great Birthday present!

    ReplyDelete