Monday, February 21, 2011

Day One Hundred-Sixty Two

'Terrence'


6 x 6 oil on panel
40.00 + 6.00 s + h








I was walking through the mall and saw this adorable little boy. I was doing a portrait series at the time and really wanted to paint his portrait. I asked him if I could take his picture, and his mom said it would be okay, so I snapped a shot of him. I send an email after the portrait was finished to let them know, but never heard a thing back from them. ?? I wish I could have given him the original picture I painted, which was a 12 x 12 oil. I just got the old snapshots out and painted some abstract versions. I like all the color in this one, plus his far-away look and innocence.

4 comments:

  1. I like both versions, but if I had to choose, I think the colorful one has more power. I can see why you were attracted to this face; it's very compelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, Layne.. always appreciate your insight !

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love them both equally. amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the use of color in the portrait.

    ReplyDelete