Friday, February 11, 2011

Day One Hundred-Fifty Two

                                          'Jack Challenge'


     This was my second attempt at the Daily Paint Works challenge.  I just figured it might just jump start my day again, like yesterday !  I'm afraid I was a bit ambitious with my choice of subject matter.  It took me about 2 or 3 of the minutes to get the shape of the jack and the shadow right. (not nearly as long for the apple)    I did complete 4 in the 10 alloted minutes though, and was satisfied with the results.





'TaDerra'
6 x 6 oil on panel 40.00 + 6.00 s + h





      I've been inspired by Karen Bruson's portrats and decided to try some using her wonderful colorful abandon.... I had these reference photos I took of my students back in 2007 or 8, and thought I'd give it a 'go'...    got a way to go, but I feel I'm getting somewhere...I'll keep trying til I get it !!

1 comment:

  1. I love the jacks! What a great challenge. Nice job on the portrait too; there's a part of me that wants to see the blue that you used in her face as a background to the left. Just a thought....

    ReplyDelete