Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Lemp Avenue plein air

     After 2 days of non-stop partying for my high school reunion, I managed to drag myself out of bed on Sunday morning to go painting with my plein air buddies.   I was situated in front of this lovely home across from Lemp Mansion (next to their dumpster) and directly above highway 55 overpass.  I never realized how many loud motorcycle gangs traveled up and down the highway all day long... Boy, are they loud.  
     I'm happy with the way this painting turned out, even though I had to leave right after lunch for an appointment, and I had to get the information down pretty fast.   Mark in the shadows and establish your lightest lights, and your darkest darks ! voila !


1 comment:

  1. beautifully done and after two days of partying. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete