Monday, July 28, 2014

Sunday morning Forest Park

I started working with a great group of plein air painters in the St. Louis area.  They choose a different spot to meet, generally going to a place for 2 weeks in a row.  The first time I joined them they met at Forest Park, by Steinberg skating rink.  I picked out a tree that I thought was interesting and got to work on my 24 x 24 canvas...  All of the others were working much smaller, but since I've done that for so long, I decided it was time to paint bigger. 
     One DOES need to bring bug spray, I found that out, and a lunch, too, is a good idea.   I'll have to scale down all the numerous things I thought I needed.   This for me is definately a learning curve.....


     Here is my first plein air finished painting.   Wow... there are SO  MANY  greens !! challenging...

No comments:

Post a Comment