Sunday, February 3, 2013

Dolly with mary janes #115


     This is an old school doll.  She's similar to one my sister had ( I wasn't big on dolls back in the day)  Anyway, I rescued her from the basement at an estate sale a month ago.  She looked pretty ragged, with a filthy dress (homemade, which I love) and grimey skin.   I cleaned her up ( that part was fun, cause I kinda talked to her the whole time, ha !)  and decided to paint her... Very big challenge to get her right and still keep a sort of looseness to the painting...   Well, I think it turned out, even though it got a bit more complicated that I had thought.... maybe I need to think ahead before I get into this kind of detail... Oh well, she's finished and maybe I'll do something simpler today... especially since it's Superbowl Sunday !!!

2 comments:

  1. Now that you've gotten to know her, try again. I bet the next piece will be looser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're probably right !!! It's funny how that works ! thanks, Pam !

    ReplyDelete