Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day Two Hundred Twenty Nine

'Cyclamen'

8 x 8 oil on panel
95.00 + 6.00 s + h





I don't know what possesses me sometimes. this was the hardest flower I've ever done. It has so little definition, and it is so unusual shaped that it's hard to make it believable. Yet I try... ha ha !
It did like the end result though. Something about the overall shape of the stem and it's relationship to the flower. Love that pink, too !!!
Brenda, I got some permanent rose, and I'm dying to try it... Winson Newton color, right?

3 comments:

  1. I love this high key painting...so light and spring-like. I think you did a wonderful job on these flowers. I knew right away what it was. I love how cyclamen flowers rise on those stems above the leaves. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Virgina... does high key painting mean lots of contrast of light and dark? not familiar with that term.... thanks... Sandy

    ReplyDelete