Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day One Hundred-Sixty Three

'Two of a Kind'


6 x 6 oil on panel
40.00 + 6.00 s + h
SOLD
I had fun with these tomatoes. One was sort of yellowish, and it's companion was much redder, making it fun to paint. They have obviously lost a few family members on their way to the grocery cart, but I left the remains of the stems and liked the way they curled and twisted.

A word or two about the studio. Lately I've been made aware of the hazards of painting with oil paints. I've never been too concerned with the safety issues, but was recently reminded that I need better ventilation in my studio, and so I've researched some things in regards to that. Since the weather has warmed up a bit I've lowered the screens on the triple track windows in the studio and intend to keep the windows open and use the ceiling fan on low also. I was wondering if any of you painters out there have an exhaust fan in your studio, or if you have an air purifier ? Research that I did located one purifier model that removes gases from the air as well as pollen, dust particles, etc., but was pretty pricey. If anyone can give me a little input on this topic I would really appreciate your help. thanks !!

1 comment:

  1. hi sandy, love these! especially against that lovely green napkin, just beautifully done.

    i read all that about fumes as well and got very concerned, but upon investigation found that a window opened with a fan blowing the fumes out has been fine. of course that may not be the case, however i haven't noticed any dizziness. good luck.

    ReplyDelete