Friday, February 25, 2011

Day One Hundred-Sixty Six

'One Tomata, Two Tomata'


6 x 6 oil on panel
40.00 + 6.00 s + h






This title was a take off on the "one potato, two potato, three potato, four..etc. " we used to say as kids, when we wanted to decide between several options or objects. I really like these when I painted them, and did them again on the green cloth. I've been less than inspired to paint this week. Partly because I have to leave the windows open for ventilation, and it's 28 degrees outside, and partly because my husband's been off on a golf trip with his buddies and I've been having a hard time getting motivated somehow. Well, he comes home tomorrow, and Halleujiah, I'll get back with the program !! Y a Y !!


Another Challenge- 5 minute pears

6 x 6 oil on panel
40.00 + 6.00 s + h





Instead of the usual 10 minute challenge, I figured, what the heck, make them a bit smaller ( 2" instead of 3") and do them in 5 minutes. Here is the result. I am pretty pleased and learned than working fast is a great practice for capturing the essence.

2 comments: