Monday, February 7, 2011

Day One Hundred-Forty Eight

                                                'Last Hoorah for Big Red'


6 x 6 oil on panel
40.00 + 6.00 s + h





     Well, I guess you're all glad I finally cut this bad boy in half, so you won't have to see it any more !   Well, it's time to move on, things around the easel are getting a bit wrinkled and pale... ha ! (and my veggies are getting kinda 'tired' looking, too)... ha ha     
     Found a cute little silver thing and some little girls shoes at Goodwill recently.  I guess they'll be showing up soon !

8 comments:

  1. oooo...I like this painting very much.I enjoy the subtle variation in values and brushwork. Looks good enough to eat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOve, love, your brilliant colors and great subject matter! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, guys... I was getting so tired of this pepper-- just good to take a new perspective, I guess....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a master of the Red Pepper, Sandy! Looks so good I could pick it up and *crunch*! Thanks for visiting my blog and the nice comment, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely handling of the reds, Sandy. This series would look great on a cafe wall. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been loving your veggie paintings, Sandy! Great job on this pepper. There are lots of colors in there besides red. The composition is great too!
    Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful vibrant colors and interesting composition . . . great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job on the pepper. Nice brushstrokes.

    ReplyDelete