Friday, January 7, 2011

Day One Hundred-Seventeen

                        'Fresh Meyer Lemons and Kumquats'


8 x 8 oil on panel
60.00 + 6.00 s + h

     After a busy, busy day, I finally settled down in the basement studio late last evening to start a painting.  The pressure on, I started sneezing, and clearing my throat, an allergy attack, it seemed.  Could be that my basement is 100 years old... do you think???  Anyhooo, had to take everything up and find a place upstairs to do this...   Lamp, turp, wet palette, easel, painting, lemons, rags, etc, etc... you know !!! Well, I was so tired and it was so late by now, I just thought ,  "I'll just get a beginning, to work on early in the morning, and try to finish to get posted"   I quickly sketched in the areas with my brush, and I wasn't even sure of my colors, cause the light in the upstairs room was very bad.   Well, much to my surprise, I liked it this morning !  Just a touch here and there, and a bit of highlight...  now that's "Fresh" Lemons !  ha ha !

3 comments:

  1. don't cha just love when that happens? lovely, lovely painting. i love the deep rich colors and orange glow. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fresh and love the composition. Great job on persevering! Was worth it- great shadows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. You were painting under less than ideal conditions! I admire your perseverance! And it turned out great. Very warm and rich painting with a very interesting composition. Yay you.

    ReplyDelete