Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Day Ninety-Three

                                      'Three shiny ladies'

6 x 8 oil on panel
40.00 + 6.00 s + h
     I started a painting after dinner. It was WAY too involved and loads of details.  I was sitting in the very cold basement studio, and my back was killing me, too.  I took a break, just to stretch and move around a bit, and went upstairs to warm up.  I then decided that --it just wasn't going to work, at least Not right Now-- I decided to grab a few pink ladies and shine them up, and see what I could do with them.  (I love pink ladies, don't you?)  Well, before you know it, I had a painting... and I like it, too.
     Tomorrow I'll finish my other one, which was just a bit too ambitious for the cold, and the late hour of the day ! 

4 comments:

  1. I like these pink ladies. Fun composition. Also love your teapot painting.
    I can relate to your cold basement studio. I put a portable heater and there and wear lots of clothes. I am still thankful to have a place to paint where I can be a little messy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, yes, Carol... I layer the top until I can hardly paint, cause I can't move my arms... Ha Ha !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pink lady apples are lovely! I also like your teapot painting. Fun to have found your blog! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I haven't been on the computer lately, and look what you've been doing! These apples are beautiful! Love the reflected light. And I really like the radishes and the teapot painting. I really like the viewpoint of the teapot painting. Do you put the set up on the floor? All of these are very nice. You are getting close to 100!

    ReplyDelete