Monday, December 20, 2010

Day Ninety-Nine

                                          'Florida Conch'

7 x 8 1/2 oil on masonite
40.00 + 6.00 s + h

     This is the shell I bought for $5. at a garage sale.   It was $75. when the woman purchased it in Florida many years ago... I love the sculptural quality and coloring.   The newer ones apparently have a hole in them, but this older one doesn't.   I worked on a smoother surface than I usually do ( I found some masonite pieces at another sale)   I think I like the canvas surface better.   I guess it's all what you get used to.

2 comments:

  1. You are up early! Or have you been up all night? This is very nice, Sandy. I like the colors you used to show the values in the shell.

    Number 99! One more day till 100. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great color on the shell:D Looks like I could walk up and touch it!!!!

    ReplyDelete