Monday, April 23, 2012

Zoo...the Hippo tank Painting #27

SOLD
     The St. Louis Zoo is Fantastic.  I've been going there since I was a little girl, and now I get to take my granddaughters there to enjoy the animals, too.  There have been so many improvements over the past decades.  Big Cat Country is a wonderful setting to see lions and tigers without the confines of a traditional cage.  The elephants, rhinos and others (including the cheetah and hyenas) are visible along a beautiful walk among the wooded areas called Rivers Edge.  New features include: A great penguin house, the butterfly house, the 1904 World's Fair Birdcage, a tank where you can pet stingrays and sharks, the children's zoo, a new facility for the apes, (fantastic) and the Newest -opening this year- is a huge redesigned living space for the sealions and seals.    Make sure you visit if you are in St. Louis !
     This painting is from a picture I took of my 3 girls (daughter-in-law and 2 granddaughters) at the huge tank for hippos and large fish.  Those hippos swimming, viewing them underwater, is sure a sight to see !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment