Friday, April 6, 2012

Succulent series Painting #18

 Alright, I really put in a days work today !  Can't believe after my struggle (big time) that I decided to add this complicated background fabric... go figger....


     B U T-- I DID learn alot from this one, I'll tell ya that !  First of all, the pink background kept mixing with my color--- Really not good.... that fought me the whole way.  Then the background was indeed a challenge....  Also, the colors of the larger plant were very distinct, and quite contrasty, so the difficulty came in added a shadow color which would look enough different, so you could distinguish the two as different areas.   Also, the light and dark of the individual leaves had to remain a bit different in the shadow areas, too !!!  MaMa Mia !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment