Sunday, September 11, 2011

One Year of Daily Painting... woo woo

Today marks the one year anniversary of my daily painting blog... I've posted almost every day, aside from the time we were getting our 100 year old home ready to put on the market... The experience has been a wonderful lesson in discipline and growth for me. Daily painting has helped by "loosening up" my painting style, and my week long workshop with Carol Marine was SO intrumental in the growth process for me. Changing my style and approach to painting has been SUCH a struggle, though, I'll have to admit. I want to push forward, and the next year will see some changes, I hope, for the better...
The next year I would love to try a few new ideas.. Printmaking is One... Also, I would like to paint some bigger canvases, and work on changing my subject matter. I might even get more into abstracts- who can tell??
My paintings will continue to be available online on the Daily Paintworks Site. I may not post everyday, especially by working on larger paintings... but then again, Maybe I will ! I feel I've gained confidence over the past year, and am not so afraid to try to reach beyond what I've always done in the past.
Wish me luck-- and PLEASE STAY TUNED for more painting adventures ! thanks for stopping by my blog... comments that are offered are SOO much appreciated... (can't tell you how much they mean to me ) thanks, Sandy

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching this milestone! Growth is an important factor in an artist's journey. It sounds like this has been a real opportunity for advancement for you. Keep pushing yourself and best of luck with the larger pieces. I look forward to seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pears, Sandy! Congrats on the blog anniversary! A toast to many more posts--cheers my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks, guys... Nancy, hope your painting is coming along !! have you been posting? I've heard some wonderful things about Madison lately... that's the town you're from, right? A friend just returned from there, and was talking about the farmer's market at the square, and the great music everywhere !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on a great year! I've love watching you grow as a painter. Best wishes for another year of fun and painting!

    ReplyDelete