Monday, August 8, 2016

When I retiring from teaching, in my last year, I began to tribute to my students with a series of 12 x 12 oil portraits of some of them.  They were painted from photos that I took in my classroom.  My goal was to produce 100 paintings.   I reached 75, and had a show of the portraits at the Monday Club in Webster Groves, as a teaching 'send-off'.
     Most of the paintings have either been sold, or given to the parents of the students.  (I did several teachers as well).

  -The Webster-Kirkwood Times did an article on me, and it included pictures of me painting in my studio, working on a portrait of my then 18 month old granddaughter.

  - I took part in a show at Norton Gallery on Big Bend called, "size matters", and my painting was included in the ad for the show.

  - I was pictured plein air painting during the Webster Days event in 2014, in the Webster-Kirkwood Times, as well.

  - In the 2014 plein air event, 'Paint Out' in Lebanon, Illinois, my painting  Early Morning Lebanon took first place in the judging, and was included in their town paper.

  - Somerset Studios included my artwork in several of their magazines, including an article that I wrote about my process.   Somerset Memories had four pages on a collection of vintage cards I made, and Somerset Journaling included a page of a journal I made on a trip to Spain.
    









No comments:

Post a Comment