Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Fun city backyard garden

Not a plein air, but instead from a photo I took in a friend's garden a few weeks ago.   I lovely woman that I paint with wanted to show me her garden after we painted on a Sunday a few weeks ago at Tower Grove Park.  She is amazing with design and color, and has the most beautiful big century home with a garden boasting almost every conceivable variety of flower.  Her garage on the alley has this cool color scheme.  I had to get a picture of it.  If I had to guess, I'd say it's a split-complementary, with yellow, plus the two colors on either side of it's complement, red-violet, and blue-violet... (periwinkle)
     NOW I'm sounding like my "art teacher" mode.... ha ha
     This one is a 10 x 10, on canvas board.

No comments:

Post a Comment