Saturday, November 23, 2013

Abstracts in oil--- such fun

     I've been exploring abstracts, and having a ball.  I need lots of canvases to work on, and I work spontaneously, backing up every now and then, to see from a distance.  I've also been working flat on the table, getting a sense of a series, with freedom to move from one image to the next.
     It is so much fun, and it is so illusive.







     I just looked up that word, and it gets confused with elusive, which could be applied here, too....     
      Illusive- based on illusion, Elusive- something that is evasive (hard to catch, or obtain)

Anyhoo, I digress:  These are exciting, and you're never quite sure if you've "got it" or not.   With a realistic painting, I know whether or not I've been successful, but with these, it's all emotion, which is exciting, but hard to judge.   I'll let you be the judge, and I'll just keep doing them. (like a quote from Andy Warhol)--"It's not your job to say whether it's good or not, just go back in the studio and keep creating art"   (not a word for word account, but pretty close.)
     I'd love your comments on these, if you could leave one for me... thanks

1 comment:

  1. I love the second one in this post! I like the orange and the composition is cool.
    It's interesting to see how other artists tackle abstract work. Thanks for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete