Friday, August 30, 2013

African Elephant #139

I've always enjoyed drawing and painting elephants.  I did many during my teaching days, both in pencil, colored pencil, and paint.   I really love the massive body shape, how it fills the page, how powerful the shape is, and the use of color from sunlight and shadows, etc.... (I really do love elephants, too, they are regal animals, I think)

     This one, in an 8 x 8 format, is for my granddaughter's bedroom, as part of her world travel series.  I hope some day she can see one on a safari, in the wild.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift. I know your granddaughter will treasure this painting. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing and love this
    peace
    CheyAnne
    from 30in30, Leslie Saeta

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, love, love this piece. The colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete