Friday, October 26, 2012

Wedding centerpiece painting #71


     This is from a picture given to me years ago by a teacher at school.  She showed me this centerpiece from her daughter's wedding, because she loved the flower combination.   I just saw her at a happy hour this week, and started to search for this picture and found it.....  Since I've painted so many hydrangeas lately I thought I'd try it.  
         I discovered a cool method to compare my paint mixture to the photo.... I just painted a dab on the edge of the card, moved the card to the photo, and checked for intensity, hue and value.... woo woo !  it really worked !   try it !!!  (this picture of the chart and photo looks a little 'yellowish' because I took it with the light from my lamp, instead of a flash)

No comments:

Post a Comment